DeWitt History, picture of the old mill

DeWitt History

DeWitt Lumber Company is proud to be
Family Owned and Operated Since 1890!

1890

DeWitt Lumber Company, a family owned and operated business, was founded by Mark DeWitt and his son, Homer.

1913

After his father's death, Homer DeWitt took over the operation.

1947

Homer passed away in 1947. At this time his daughter Myrtle's husband, Leon Camp began running the business.

1977

Leon and Mrytle's son, Alan Camp and son-in- law, Dennis Riley assumed leadership.

2003

Opened a second location in Mt. Pleasant that focused on windows and doors.

2007

DeWitt Lumber was purchased by Matt Esch.

2011

2011 found us opening a third location in Midland.

2016

North Mission door and Mission lumber in Mt. Pleasant and Lakeview were added to the DeWitt Lumber family. The two former Mission Lumber stores are now known as DeWitt Lumber. However, North Mission Door has kept its original name. With these purchases, we now have five locations from which to serve our customers.